About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with almost 400 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies – as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
What we do
The GSMA works on projects and initiatives that address the collective interests of the mobile industry and of mobile operators in particular.We are undertaking strategic initiatives across several key areas including Spectrum, Connected Living, Personal Data and Digital Commerce.
- Spectrum for Mobile Broadband – The GSMA is leading an ongoing global campaign to secure the spectrum required to meet the fast-growing demand for mobile broadband.
- Public Policy – The GSMA’s public policy team proactively leads the policy debate, represents the mobile industry to governments and regulators and delivers a regulatory environment that maximises development opportunities for mobile operators and long-term benefit for mobile users.
- Identity – This Programme with its operator partners work together to deliver digital identity solutions to market with scale, seamless and convenient consumer experience, consistency of user interface and low barriers to entry across the digital identity ecosystem.
- Mobile For Development – Focused on bringing together GSMA mobile operator members, the wider mobile industry and the development community to drive commercial mobile services for underserved people in emerging markets.
- Future Networks – The GSMA aims to address and navigate the complexities of progression to an all-IP communications network, ensuring devices and networks can deliver a native experience and that VoLTE and RCS interoperable solutions are established.
- Internet of Things – The GSMA has created market development programmes to enable a wide range of devices across the education, healthcare, automotive and utilities sectors to benefit from wireless connectivity.
The GSMA also has programmes and technical projects underway in many other areas.